Thursday, December 28, 2006

Rabbis Who Support Tehran

On the television news today I saw an interview with a Rabbi Weiss, who, with like minded rabbis, made the trek to Tehran to take part in the Iranian denial of the Holocaust. It was difficult for me to decide who was the bigger fool, Weiss for his presence or Ahmadinejad who smilingly embraced a man who belongs to a race that he declares sprang from pigs and dogs. Rabbi Weiss explained that Radical Islam was quite capable of distinguishing Zionism as a religion from Zionism as a political movement. If only Jews were to leave Israel, Weiss explained, then Radical Islam would cease persecuting all Jews worldwide. Such a naivete was breathtaking. Weiss claimed that he spoke for hundreds of thousands of Jews worldwide. I can assume only that Ahmadinejad hoped the same. This was the first time that I have ever heard anti-Semitic remarks come from Jews. I hope it is the last.

No comments: